- This is a Club tournament, but non-club members are allowed to sign up.
- We will adhere to USAPA sanctioned procedures.
- All players will be required to sign a waiver of liability before matches begin ( if you are a Club member you already have one).
- You can compete at any higher level of play, but you can’t compete at a lower level than the average of both players. For example. Johnny and Andy are partners. Johnny is a 4.0 player/Andy is a 3.0 player (average is 3.5). They can only play at 3.5 or 3.7+ level.
- Tournament Director will not allow sandbagging! You may be asked to leave if you refuse to play at your real skill level. You will not get a refund if you must leave.
- Tournament Director reserves the right to move teams up or down based on rating or needs.
- Skill groups may be combined if participation numbers warrant but otherwise not.
- Round Robin (RR) format may be used if participation numbers warrant. We like to give maximum play so you get maximum value for you tournament fees.
Round Robin Draw:
- Each match is either 1 game to 15 points, or best 2 out of 3 games to 11 points (i.e., all games win by 2.)
- Winner is determined by number of games won overall.
- If two or more teams are tied for a medal (i.e., same number of games won), two tie breakers apply:
- First tie breaker: head-to-head results
- If needed second tie breaker: point differential of all games played Example: Team A won first match 11-8, 11-4, so they would have a point differential of +10 (22 points won and 12 points lost). Team A then wins the second match 11-9, 2-11, 11-6. For this round, they would have a point differential of -2. This would give them a total for the day of +8.
- Top 4 teams from Round Robin Draw will play for the medals.
- Team 1 vs Team 4 / Team 2 vs Team 3.
- Winners will play for the Gold Medal.
- Losers will play for the Bronze Medal.
- Medal matches might have a referee.
Times and dates:
Women’s all levels (Saturday July 10th 9am)
Men’s Upper level (Saturday July 10th 1pm)
Men’s 3.5/3.0 (Saturday July 10th 5pm)
Mixed Doubles (Sunday July 11th 9am)
Cavalero Middle School